Dear Sunshine Family,
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to The Sunshine Room at Honeybee Preschool.
Here in the 2-3 years room, we concentrate on learning through play. In this way the children will learn about socializing, taking turns, making friends, treating each other with politeness and respect, as well as early math & literature skills, colours, shapes, and days of the week and months of the year. Communication & language is encouraged through group discussions regarding weekend news, the children’s current interests and special events. The strengthening of fine and gross motor muscles & skills are also supported through the various learning experiences planned for your child. We have fun with stories, songs, dancing & musical instruments. Cooking and arts/crafts are also popular experiences in The Sunshine Room.
Each month we will send home a Family Input Page which we would appreciate some input, photos or special moments from that month that we can extend on through our program. Please return these to the staff else you can also email through some news. Each week we will follow up on a specific interest of a selected child/children and develop it into a learning and extension activity, this will be linked to the EYLF Learning Outcomes we are hoping to achieve through the various group experiences and individual activities that will be implemented to extend and enhance your child’s current interests or upcoming events. Each child will have a portfolio which we will observe your child and write up special moments of your child’s development throughout the year. We will have 1 Observation and 1 follow up activity for each month and reflections of your child’s experiences throughout the year.
Also located in the Sunshine Room are our Communication Boxes. Please check your child’s folder DAILY for important notes, artwork, newsletters, etc. Also located on top of the lockers you will find our Daily Reflection which will give you a small glimpse into our day! The Daily Reflection can also be emailed to you along with any messages, reminders, etc. There is a Day Chart which will tell you if your child has eaten and/or slept during the day. You will also find our Weekly Program which outlines the activities and experiences that will be set out for the day/week. These experiences will fall into one of 5 developmental areas:
CREATIVE, PHYSICAL, SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL, and COGNITIVE & LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION.
All of the activities and experiences set out are developmentally appropriate, selected through the children’s’ interests and linked to the Early Years Learning Framework. The program is set to change according to interest of the children on the day.
Kiara, Yasmin and Georgia
|7:00 – 8:30||Family Time: Sunshine’s and Rainbow’s play together in Rainbow Room|
|8:30 – 9:00||Pack Away and group activity like Dancing, songs or stories.|
|9:00 – 9:30||Morning Group time, Rainbow’s and Sunshine’s separate.|
|9:30 – 10:00||Wash hands and Morning Tea time|
|10:00 – 11:00||Indoor or Outdoor play|
|11:00 – 11:30||Group time on mat|
|11:30 – 12:00||Wash hands and get ready for Lunch time|
|12:30 – 2:00||Family Time: Sunshine’s and Rainbow’s play together in Rainbow Room|
|2:00 – 2:30||Rest time|
|2:30 – 3:00||Quiet activities|
|3:00 – 3:30||Afternoon Tea|
|3:30 – 4:00||Singing song or dancing time|
|4:00 – 5:00||Free play Inside or Outside|
|5:00 – 5:15||Late Afternoon Tea|
|5:15 – 6:00||Family grouping|
Sunshine Room Philosophy
- We believe in the importance of supporting children’s emotional & physical wellbeing.
- We believe in building good relationships between the centre & our families.
- We believe in inclusion & diversity.
- We believe in respecting children’s individuality.
- We believe children learn about themselves and construct their own identity within the context of their families &communities.
- We believe the experiences of relationships & participation in communities contribute to children’s Belonging, Being & Becoming.
- We believe wellbeing incorporates both physical & psychological aspects and is central to Belonging, Being &Becoming.
- We believe a sense of security and sound wellbeing gives children the confidence to experiment and explore and to try out new ideas, thus developing their competence and becoming active & involved participants in learning.
- We believe communication is crucial to Belonging, Being & Becoming.